Here are 15 of my favorite lifestyle tips that I strive to live by every day. When I'm having a bad day or feeling discouraged, I like to read them over, so I thought I'd share. Hope you click away with a smile.:)
1. Always Take Off Your Make Up Before Bed: When I was younger, I laughed when women told me this, but years later, I realized I definitely should have listened. Trust me on this. Your face will thank you later.
2. Be / Think positive ALWAYS: This is a hard one for me and to be honest, I'm horrible at it, but its something I strive to get better at each and every day. Just know you're not the only one struggling with this.
3. Eat Healthily: Okay, let's be honest here. Freshman 15 hit me like a ton of bricks. IT'S REALLY NOT A JOKE PEOPLE! If you go through a major lifestyle change such as replacing playing sports all year long with studying for mid-terms and finals, it becomes difficult to lose weight because of the decrease in activity levels. I know it's hard, but try to be mindful of the things you eat and do to nip any unexpected weight gain in the bud. I recommend downloading a fitness or calorie tracking app to keep track of your daily goals. You can also try to team up with a friend to workout with to keep each other accountable.
4. Plan: Planning is one of my favorite things to do. I love to plan parties, baby showers, and birthday parties, but when it comes to my personal priorities, I tend to overlook them because I am so concerned with other people's events. It's time to put YOU first and stop feeling so overwhelmed all the time. Set out time each day and make a list of the things you'd like to accomplish. It's a great feeling to have an idea of what you want to do every day and check it off the list once you achieve it.
5. Do Something for Yourself Today: To go along with my tip above, sometimes it is okay to say no to friends and family. It is perfectly okay to declare today as a ME day and get those things you've wanted to do all week done. Or simply, DO NOTHING! It's perfectly okay to have a lounge day on your couch in your PJs. Just RELAX.
6. Wake Up and Go to Bed at a Reasonable Time: This is something I struggle with a lot. I find myself staying up working, cleaning, watching t.v. and then looking at the clock before bed and realizing it's already 1 AM. To make matters even worse, once I stay up half the night, I tend to sleep in what feels like half the day, which throws off my entire schedule. My goal is to go to bed around 9-10 PM to wake up with plenty of energy and to feel refreshed around 7-8 AM.
7. Binge Watch Your Fav Shows BECAUSE YOU CAN: Personally, Gossip Girl and Friends are my all-time favorite shows! What's yours?
8. Do Something YOU Love: In a perfect world, I would bake all day long. It's something I absolutely love, and it is a huge stress realiver. I suggest you guys find a hobby that you enjoy such as yoga, painting, or working out. Do whatever makes you happy!
9. Never Be Afraid to Love: Don't be afraid to love because this world is a scary place. I know the phrase "YOLO" is annoying, but it is totally right. As much as I hate using that term, it is true that YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. When it comes to love or even having a crush on someone, it's better to KNOW then always WONDER WHAT IF. Just go for it and love fiercely!
10. BE YOU: We live in a world where it's so easy to compare ourselves to other people and sometimes want someone else's life or looks. I say to heck with it, the best version you can be is to be true to yourself 100%. Everyone is unique and has their own positive qualities. Be confident and be you.
11. Make Smart Choices: Not everything has to be determined right this minute. It's best to think a choice over to avoid making a hasty decision. Take your time, make a pro/con list, and consult with friends or family.
12. Take in the Little Things: When you're out doing fun or memorable things, make sure you take the time to pause, breathe a little, and get your internal "brain camera" out first instead of your cell phone to enjoy the special moment. Once you experience the moment, snap a few pictures so that you have something to look back on but remember that the little moments mean EVERYTHING, so don't get lost behind the screen or worrying about unnecessary things.
13. Love Yourself: You can't love someone else until you've learned to love yourself 100 %. Take time to learn more about yourself and be confident in all of your qualities.
14. Love Everyone: Now please don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean love love everyone, I just mean don't be so quick to judge! You have NO EARTHLY IDEA what's going on in someone's life you're not close with personally. Try to put yourself in their shoes before you go judging them for this and that.
15. Women Support Women: We need each other now more than ANYTHING. Women need to stop tearing each other down and instead lift your girlfriends UP. Tell them they are STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, INDEPENDENT, SMART, and most importantly spread LOVE not HATE.
Thanks for tuning in to my blog post I hope you leave feeling more empowered and confident, and you're taking some tips with you!
Until next time